Reviews Shopping's Blogs

Samsung LN52B750 52-Inch 1080p 240Hz LCD HDTV with Charcoal Grey Touch of Color ( 2 )

Samsung LN52B750 52-Inch

Got this from Amazon at a good price,though I'm sure it will drop a little more as the year goes on.
This tv is spectacular! Absolutely stunning,jaw dropping picture. I can't say enough about it. Excellent blacks,infinitely tweakable to your liking.

Price: $2,464.99 Free Shipping

Used:from $2,217.99


When I first turned it on I had the "The Office" come on and I swear my mouth stayed open for a few minutes as it looked like Michael was in the same room as me! Lots of inputs and features to this set,internet connectivity,DLNA,home networking,wonderful subdued TOC which is grey instead of the red on last years 750. Very high gloss bezel,crystal neck stand which pivots. Screen is glossy,reflections are not an issue for me as I tend to watch in a darker room,but even with the drapes open, I don't see myself! AMP seems to work better in this set,as I also have an 4071 Samsung which has a slight problem with AMP,which has been well documented over at the AVSForums.

Just like anything else it is not perfect,hence the 4 stars instead of 5.
Sound is bad. I mean,you'll want to hook this up to a nice stereo system,or at the very least,a couple of powered computer speakers or some such set.
This tv attracts dust like nobodies business.Either that or my house is really dirty. Front panel controls (which would be rarely used anyway) are hard to tell where they are (lower right). Yahoo widgets,which are kind of cool when you first see them,are eh,no big deal. Maybe as more become available I'd be more excited.
There is no printed manual,it's on a usb drive,called an e-manual,and no it's not Spanish! There's some uneven lighting when screen is dark,(no signal)not sure if that's an issue for me yet,doesn't seem to affect any picture quality,but something to keep an eye on.

It is a 5 star tv,but the sound is what drops it 1. All other issues are no big deal.
Amazon delivery was good,no issues.Overall,I am extremely happy with it!
Now,for a good blu-ray player!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Samsung LN52B750 52-Inch 1080p 240Hz LCD HDTV Designed by csstemplatesmarket

Converted to Blogger by BloggerThemes.Net